Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Has it been that long already?!

Wow, it's been a couple months since I posted! Sorry bout that, it's been a crazy busy two months, both in 2nd life and 1st life as well.

I've made a LOT of new stuff but before I get to catching you up on that, I'm going to show you a collaborative effort I'm working on right now with one of my great SL building buddy friends. If you've never tried doing a collaborative product, you should! It's great fun and the flow of creativity and ideas is very stimulated by this approach to dreaming up new and interesting things.

Here's a whimsical pic:



The chair is Billy's concept and construction. This chair is GREAT! It's very to scale. You can actually walk right up the front ladder affair to stand on the foot platform which is fantastic in SL. Much more realistic than having to fly up to sit in the guard's seat.

My primary job of course is to animate it and to that end I designed a set of animated sits. There are five Touch cycled sits in the guard's seat, plus a perch in one of the arms, a cute loungey sit on the foot platform and as you can see in the picture, I got a little carried away and decided one just had to be able to goof off and swing by the knees on one of the supports! So, even if the guard is bored out of his skull, at least he won't be lonely and a few friends can hang out with him while they all shoot the tropical breeze together :-)

We've added some sculpted bits with a beach umbrella attached right to the chair, a nice striped towel draped over the back and a lifeguard's float. Also, there's a nice, authentic looking Duty sign, mildly rusted, attached. 25 prims..not bad eh?

I'm also going to round out our package with some water animations, float ball, inner tube and I'm still working on a very special animation ball for out on the water, hehe, but you will see this product out there and available very soon!

If you'd like to have a peek before then, do stop by True North Beach&Patio.

Back soon with more True North doings.

No comments:

Post a Comment